Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kroger trip March 18th

I think I did good on this trip. I didn't realize it but I got a lot of extra savings that I didn't know I was going to get. Kroger now has this shortcut coupons program. I had forgotten I had signed up for them but I got an email this morning showing me that I saved 2 dollars using the shortcut program. Wooohoo more savings! I also already got the coupons from purina dog food. You call 1-888-355-BARK and answer the automated questions and they send you a coupon. Well I got mine like 4 days later and I actually got a coupon for a free bag of dog AND cat food. Both coupons had a $7 value to them and the cashier didn't bother to actually check the price on the food and she just punched in what the coupon was worth so I actually had overage of about 4 dollars combined because the the bags weren't $7 a piece!

They also have all their Easter stuff 50% off!

A little bit of information though...Kroger doesn't double coupons on markdowns or clearance. At least not at the Ridgewood Kroger.

Here is my list:

2 packs of ready to bake cookies
5 bags of cheerios snacks
4 bags of Pillsbury dinner rolls
4 bags of Garden Fresh Salad
1 2 pack sippy cups on clearance for $3.00 (they were the platex Disney Cars)
13 bags Birds Eye frozen veggies
4 tubes Daisey sour cream
3 tubes frosting
1 bag cat food
1 bag dog food
3 bags cat treats
2 bottles Kraft dressing
1 bag of Tilpia
1 bottle of veggie oil
1 6pack dr.pepper
1 6 pack mt. dew
10 packs of kool aid

Total: $135.09
OOP: $46.03

I splurged on the Fish ($15 for a large bag), the soda, and cups.





2 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for the info on the dog food coupon. I called and hope to get coupons soon!

Lori said...

Wow! You did a great job! Somehow saving money on other things makes "splurging" not seem so bad!
I would love to go with you again sometime!