Monday, November 3, 2008

Oh how I love me some Kroger

I have just decided that for the most part I am giving up CVS and Walgreens. It is just way too much work for me and my schedule. I can also get just about everything I need for a good price at Kroger and even Wal-mart.

Kroger is my new best friend. I used to love CVS but now Kroger has taken that place in my heart. This week Kroger brought back the MEGA EVENT! Not to mention they have a fantastic deal on gas deals right now. Every $100 dollars you spend earns you .10 off every gallon of gas. It used to be 10 cents total now it's 10 cents for every gallon! I filled up my van the other day for $28 and that was below empty! I got .30 cents off every gallon. I also found that if you have prescriptions there for every 2 you get filled you earn .10 more off gas and for every $50 in gift cards you purchase you earn .10 more. Kroger actually carries a lot of gift cards. Outback, Target, Kmart, Starbucks, Best Buy, Gap, and Home Depot are just a few. Check it out! Your going to be spending the money anyways you should earn something in return right?! You can max out at $1.00 off for every gallon. THAT IS FANTASTIC!

Here are my first 2 deals for this week. I am sure I will go back!

1st transaction:
1 pork tenderloin
1 manager markdown on apples
10 LARGE cans of Hunt's tomatoes
3 Bryers fat free ice cream (only 90 calories for 1/2 cup Lori!!!!)
2 Kroger brand Lite syrup
10 cans fat free carnation evaporated milk
4 boxes of swiss miss hot chocolate

Grand total before coupons: $70.34
Total after coupons: $20.43
Savings of 72%

I used coupons on everything except the tenderloin, apples, syrup, and hot chocolate. I also had shortcuts for a .50 shortcut for one box of swiss miss and a $1.00 off 5 cans of hunts. Plus I got $15.00 off for the mega event deals.

2nd transaction:

6 Quaker oatmeal
1 box of live active oatmeal
6 bottles of Welchs juice
4 bags of nestle morsels
1 bag of Romain lettuce
4 bottles of dial soap
2 boxes of general mills cereal
1 12 pack of Dr. pepper
2 boxes of hefty one zip bags
6 boxes of Tylenol PM

Grand total before coupons: $115.71
Total after coupons: $23.03
Savings of 81%

I used a free 12 pack coupon that Kroger sent me and a free box of live active oatmeal from cellfire. I also had coupons for everything else except the lettuce. I also got $15 off for the mega deals and a .55 shortcut for Trix cereal.


I love to see my savings add up on the bottom of my receipt.

I need to fill one more prescription to earn .10

I need one more $25 gift card to earn .10

I already have $184 so almost at .20

I will get my medicine and another $25 gift card on Friday so I will have .40 off per gallon of gas by the end of next week! I am loving Kroger and their gas program right now!

My annual savings since January is $1,864.33!! That is a lot of coupons!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Yeah! You did great! Oh, if you have any more of the Breyers coupons, they are for ANY product (50 cents off)
I went to Wally world and got individual yogurts for 4 cents.

I too have given up on CVS.

Love ya!